sábado, 24 de noviembre de 2018

If you see this series, you instantly convert on my best friend (Not a lie)

Since the teacher chose breaking bad series (he is the big boss), I wanna chose other of my favorite series of all my life: vikings. This series interested me because when I was a little pendex I played a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online rol-playing game) who was based it central argumment in the Ragnarok (the game was called like that), one of the important event's of the Nordic culture. In this religious event the gods of the vikings fight in a battle that determines the end of the world, also in the apocalypse of the cristianism.

A series about the vikings and their culture clairly called my attention. This series has a biggest elaboration, and the most of the guide lines are based in historycal facts that actually happened. The creator of vikings, Michael Hirst, maked that series for History Channel. in 2013 his first season went on air for the public.

This series tell the history about how the viking culture expands it across the old world, mainly in the actually England and France. In vikings we can se their cultural practices and an social order based in clairly identified hierarchies, where the violence and the physical strength decide "who was be the king"..

Ragnar Lothbrok, protagonist of the series, accompanied by Lagerta (Ragnar's wife and viking warrior) and his family show to us how the viking society was in the past, and the problem that the disunity of their caused. Viking disunity made the whole culture remain in a state of uncertainly due to the infertile lands in which these Nordic lived (live), and the count's disinterest in having good lands in which to live. Clearly, Ragnar kick their ass and was converted in a king.

I admire the character of Ragnar Lothbrok because he has a great openness of mind in philosophical and religious issues, as well as a great intelligence to see the needs of his people and resolve them together with a wonderful leadership exercised for the benefit of all (I must mention that the actor, Travis Fimmel, is too hot to).

(Spoiler alert) I cried with Ragnar's death. However, one of my favorite scenes is when the Vikings are in one of their assault campaigns to other lands and the leadership of Ragnar is questioned. Ragnar opens the possibility for others to give their ideas. All fail. Here is the scold that Ragnar spit on all of their subdits:


Give this series a chance...

history channel vikings GIF

Ahahah bye stalkers!!

1 comentario:

  1. I have always listened to people recommending this series. I believe that this week I will begin to see it.

    ResponderEliminar