lunes, 3 de diciembre de 2018

Another Brick in the Wall (original title...)

Walls - Konstantino Kavafis

Without consideration, neither piety, neither shame
They raised walls around me, thicks and highs.
And now I find here, so desperate.
I can not think of other things: This luck gnaws my brain...
That was because I haved so many things to do outside!
How I couldn't see when they raised the walls?
But I never heard the constructors. Not even a noise.
by outside they imperceptibly enclosed me.

Walls, not a new thing in the world. But we aren't talking about tiny walls like my houses wall (we will talk about this topic in english five ahaha). Otherwise, we are talking about big walls! the biggest wall that a human want to construct in the history (AHAHA I don't know that this affirmation is real), I'm talking about Trump's wall.

Doing it right...
Like always in my life, last year I was obsessed with walls. I payed attention at all the walls that I saw (Shingeki No Kyojin's Wall, Game of Throne's Wall, The great Chinese Wall, The Wall of Pink Floyd, Etc.). Obviously Trump's wall doesn't being unnoticed from me. But Donald wasn't invented the wall in the frontier of Mexico, that was Bill Clinton in 1994.

I think that a "wall" involve a methaphory and a lot of contradictions in there. A wall is a physical frontier (but not only a physical). We and our bodys are frontiers, walls. A wall would be useful for grown up. A wall is a limit. The limits sometimes allow us to develop, but sometimes no.

Trump's wall want to forget a lot of interaction that is in so many places between Mexico and USA. Trump's wall is saying to us that mexican inmigrant are the enemy, the problem, the parasite that don't allow to americans (and what kind of american? the white and racist one?) live well. The wall, in this case, divert the attention to the importantless problems.

I readed the last day "The white supremacist that attack and kill migrants look today more legitimated. It was found that with the cosntruction of the first wall in 1994, emigration did not decrease and, instead, the number of deaths increased" adds Valenzuela.
(https://elpais.com/internacional/2017/01/25/mexico/1485378993_672715.html)



Don't let you be fooled, that is that Trump's wall is making (Make America hate again)


Bye Bye.



1 comentario:

  1. That's true. The walls often generate divisions between "us" and the "strange" (the invader). It is a clear expression of separation between people (who are equal to us).

    ResponderEliminar